23 Weeks 6 Days
******************
I had my prenatal appointment on Thursday. Everything is going perfectly and I am measuring a week behind although according to my ultrasound Ryder is measuring a week ahead! Dr. Hamm reviewed the ultrasound report and indicated that the baby was great and "big". Hmmm, I may be getting a little anxious about delivery. I was given my paperwork for my glucose tolerance test so I will be getting that done within the next week or so.
Ryder is our little future UFC fighter! His kicks are SO strong. I love lying in bed and watching his kicks pop out of the side - front and bottom - of my belly. He is such an active little baby. He has recently been spending a lot of time above my bellybutton and towards my ribs but he prefers to nestle towards the centre of my belly. The med student who did my exam asked where the best place would be to find his heartbeat and I said that Dr. Hamm usually picks it up on the right side of my butterfly tattoo and sure enough - first try - it was there pumping away.
We picked up the nursery paint over the weekend and his bedding is sitting in the crib. We ordered a few other nursery pieces and should be able to start putting things together in the near future. I know it may seem like it is far away but it really isn't!
Little Oakley has been keeping us busy but she is so much fun. We wake up to her on the monitor making the most wonderful conversations with her toys, counting from 1-10, singing "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star", her ABC's ("next time won't you sing with Mommy"), "You Are My Sunshine", until she wants out of her room and starts banging on the door.
59.6% of the way there!